THIS BILLING SERVICES ADDENDUM is subject to and made a part of the Agreement. Capitalized terms used and not defined in this Addendum have the meanings assigned to them in the Definitions Addendum at https://www.zolldata.com/legal.
1. Applicability. This Addendum applies to any use by Customer of ZOLL Billing or of Insurance Discovery, Insurance Verifier, Demographic Verifier or Self-Pay Analyzer, either separately or as part of RescueNet® Billing Pro, Reimbursement Optimization or Reimbursement Optimization Premium (collectively “Billing Services”), as listed in an Order that has not expired or been terminated in accordance with the Agreement. Billing Services are ASP Services and, as such, this Addendum supplements, but does not replace, the ASP Services Addendum.
2. Compliance. With respect to each Customer request for Billing Services, Customer and its employees shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, statutes, rules and regulations (“Applicable Laws”), including, but not limited to, of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Title V, Subtitle A, Financial Privacy, 15 U.S.C. § 6801-6809 and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder (“GLB”); the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. §1681 et seq. and the rules and regulations promulgated thereunder (“FCRA”); and the Drivers Privacy Protection Act, 18 U.S.C. Section 2721 et seq. (“DPPA”) and similar or associated state laws and regulations governing the use and disclosure of drivers’ license information, as they each may be respectively interpreted from time to time, by competent legislative, regulatory or judicial authority. The person signing for Customer has direct knowledge of all facts certified.
3. Consumer Reports.
3.1. Customer is a healthcare provider and has a permissible purpose for obtaining consumer reports in accordance with FCRA. Customer certifies its permissible purpose as: (i) in connection with a credit transaction involving the consumer on whom the information is to be furnished and involving the extension of credit to, or review or collection of an account of, the consumer; (ii) in accordance with the written instructions of the consumer; or (iii) for a legitimate business need in connection with a business transaction that is initiated by the consumer.
3.2. Customer certifies that it shall use the consumer reports: (i) solely for Customer’s certified use(s); and (ii) solely for Customer’s exclusive one-time use. Customer shall not request, obtain or use consumer reports for any other purpose including, but not limited to, for the purpose of selling, leasing, renting or otherwise providing information obtained under this Agreement to any other party, whether alone, in conjunction with Customer’s own data, or otherwise in any service which is derived from the consumer reports. The consumer reports shall be requested and disclosed by Customer only to Customer’s designated and authorized employees having a need to know and only to the extent necessary to enable Customer to use the consumer reports in accordance with this Agreement. Customer shall ensure that such designated and authorized employees shall not attempt to obtain any consumer reports on themselves, associates or any other person except in the exercise of their official duties.
3.3. Customer will maintain copies of all written authorizations for a minimum of five (5) years from the date of inquiry.
3.4. THE FCRA PROVIDES THAT ANY PERSON WHO KNOWINGLY AND WILLFULLY OBTAINS INFORMATION ON A CONSUMER FROM A CONSUMER REPORTING AGENCY UNDER FALSE PRETENSES SHALL BE FINED UNDER TITLE 18 OF THE UNITED STATES CODE OR IMPRISONED NOT MORE THAN TWO YEARS, OR BOTH.
3.5. Customer shall use each consumer report only for a one-time use and shall hold the report in strict confidence, and not disclose it to any third parties; provided, however, that Customer may, but is not required to, disclose the report to the subject of the report only in connection with an adverse action based on the report. Moreover, unless otherwise explicitly authorized in an agreement between ZOLL and Customer for scores (“Scores”) obtained from Trans Union LLC (“TransUnion”), or as explicitly otherwise authorized in advance and in writing by TransUnion through ZOLL, Customer shall not disclose to consumers or any third party, any or all such scores provided under such agreement, unless clearly required by law.
3.6. With just cause, such as violation of the terms of this Addendum or a legal requirement, or a material change in existing legal requirements that adversely affects this Addendum, ZOLL may, upon its election, discontinue serving Customer and cancel all Orders subject to this Addendum immediately.
3.7. Customer will request Scores only for Customer’s exclusive use. Customer may store Scores solely for Customer’s own use in furtherance of Customer’s original purpose for obtaining the Scores. Customer shall not use the Scores for model development or model calibration and shall not reverse engineer the Score. All Scores provided hereunder will be held in strict confidence and may never be sold, licensed, copied, reused, disclosed, reproduced, revealed or made accessible, in whole or in part, to any person, except (i) to those employees of Customer with a need to know and in the course of their employment; (ii) to those third party processing agents and other contractors of Customer who have executed an agreement that limits the use of the Scores by the third party only to the use permitted to Customer and contains the prohibitions set forth herein regarding model development, model calibration, reverse engineering and confidentiality; (iii) when accompanied by the corresponding reason codes, to the consumer who is the subject of the Score; (iv) to government regulatory agencies; or (v) as required by law.
4. ID Manager Services. With respect to ID Manager Verification and ID Manager Authentication, which are services of TransUnion used in Demographic Verifier, (i) Customer certifies that it is the user of such services and Customer and its employees will request, obtain and use such services only in the normal course of business to verify the accuracy of information submitted by the consumer and, if it is not correct, to obtain the correct information, but only to protect against or prevent unauthorized transactions, claims or other liability; (ii) Customer shall not request, obtain or use such services for marketing purposes nor for any other purpose, except as expressly provided herein; (iii) Customer shall not take any adverse action, as defined in FCRA, based on such services, against any consumer, as defined in FCRA; (iv) Customer shall not use such services, in whole or in part, as a factor in establishing an individual’s creditworthiness or eligibility for credit or insurance, or employment, or for any other purpose under FCRA; and (v) no opinion is expressed regarding a consumer’s creditworthiness in rendering such services.
5. Billing Agent Responsibilities. If Customer provides third party invoicing or billing services to healthcare providers, then it shall (i) not provide or share data from Billing Services with any other third party (including but not limited to such providers); (ii) operate independently from such providers in using such data (i.e., set the criteria for using, and determining if and when to use such data); and (iii) as part of such provider’s conditions of admission or other related patient consent forms, require such providers to expressly identify Customer and secure the written consent of each patient for Customer to obtain patient’s consumer report.
6. Notice to Users of Consumer Reports. Customer acknowledges receipt of the Notice to Users of Consumer Reports at https://www.zolldata.com/legal.