Each year, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Annual Conference and Exhibition brings together health IT professionals, clinicians, executives and vendors from around the world. One of the specialty exhibit areas is dedicated solely to interoperability Feb. 20-22: HIMSS Interoperability Showcase.
ZOLL will again be sending a group of ambassadors to this year’s Interoperability Showcase. We’ll be highlighting the value that EMS data adds to the patient’s health record and showing that EMS is an important part of the health data ecosystem. The Interoperability Showcase presents several groups of vendors with unique use cases, and each vendor demonstrates how data moves from one system to another. As the data flows from one application to another, participants can see how each piece adds to the patient’s record and impacts the patient’s outcomes.
EMS data provides critical information that can affect patient care, patient satisfaction, and population health. When the Emergency Department has access to incoming patient information, they can be better prepared for the patient’s visit, reducing treatment delays and increasing treatment success rates. As the data is collected and analyzed, providers are able to identify trends and can more effectively manage population health.
“The electronic prehospital care record (ePCR), EMS’s equivalent of an EHR, is an important part of the patient’s overall health record and should be integrated with the patient’s longitudinal health record. Through interoperability between EMS providers’ and hospitals’ information systems, facilitation through an HIE organization, the promise of better clinical care, improved clinical decision support, and improved measurement of system performance and population health can be achieved.”
—The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, 2017
At this year’s Interoperability Showcase:
- Customize your interoperability experience with interactive learner stations to learn about the HIMSS Interoperability Story
- Engage in tours to see current health IT products in the market that deliver standards-based interoperability and health information exchange
- Learn about interoperability trailblazers, engage in peer-to-peer discussions, and meet key stakeholders in our Education Theater
- Visit kiosks and meeting place rooms in the Product Marketplace to learn more about the products being demonstrated
- Meet other attendees and interop experts to learn best practices during our networking events
- Learn about ConCert by HIMSSTM the only comprehensive interoperability testing and certification program
Want to learn more about how ZOLL supports interoperability? Contact Danielle Côté at (303) 801-1478 for more information.